Learn pottery at our classes
Teachers cater to students at all levels of interest, skill and experience. Our workshop is well equipped. Clay can be bought at the studio, glazes are shared by all students, and students’ work is kiln fired on the premises. Electric wheels, an extruder, a slab roller, moulds, and a ceramics library are all available to students and members.
- Mondays 7:00 – 9:30pm (Sandi)
- Tuesdays 10:00am – 12:30pm (Tamara)
- Tuesdays 7:00 – 9.30pm (Sandi)
- Wednesdays 10:00am – 12:30pm (Sandi)
- Wednesdays 7:00 – 9:30pm (Tamara)
- Thursdays 7:00 – 9.30pm (Joe)
- Saturdays 9:00am – 12:00pm (Tamara)
Classes are organised in a 4-term year (usually 9 weeks closely approximating school terms). Classe times include 30min of cleanup.
Enrolment is for the full-term and we do not offer casual drop-in for studio classes. Class fees to be paid in full before commencing classes. Class fees do not include clay or firing. Clay can be purchased from the studio and firing is charged at $5/kg each for bisque and glaze firing.
Students are encouraged to work on their own projects to develop their skills in pottery. Our experienced teachers provide hands on training and class sizes are small to allow for close interaction between teacher and students. Classes include training in the following areas:
- Hand building – including coil, slab, extruded and mould work
- Wheel work (throwing pots on the potters wheel)
- Finishing and decoration
- Firing (kilns are loaded by the teachers but students will be trained in the firing process)
Also keep an eye out for short workshops or special community classes. These are usually advertised on our Facebook page.
While some classes are currently at capacity, if you wish to put your name on a waiting list please email us via the contact form
An exhibition of students’ best work is held at the end of the year as part of the workshop’s Christmas exhibition.